You ever get those days when the only thing you want to eat is creamy, cheesy and carb-loaded?
This was one such day.
This meal is so delightful, and each calorie-filled bite is as decadent as the next.
Truly a hearty meal to curb any carb craving.
- Fresh Egg Tagliatelle (500g pack)
- Bacon Lardons (155g pack)
- Smoked Back Bacon (6 rashers)
- Chestnut mushrooms (4 or 5)
- 1 large onion
- Crème fraîche (300ml – you can use normal cream instead, but I happen to find it a little too sweet to use in cooking)
- Vegetable oil – 1tbsp
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped into fine pieces)
- 1 stock cubes (maggi/knorr)
- Black pepper (I use a pepper mill)
- Pesto – 3 tbsp
- Parmesan cheese
Prep time – 5 mins
- Chop the onion and mushrooms and put into a bowl
- Slice the bacon rashers vertically and keep together with the Lardons
Cooking time – 25 mins
- In a large wok, fry the bacon and Lardons in vegetable oil until almost cooked. Then add the chopped onion and mushrooms to the wok.
- Season with the garlic, stock cube, black pepper and pesto.
- Add the Crème fraîche to the mixture and leave to simmer on low heat.
- In another saucepan, cook the Tagliatelle (follow the instructions on the packet).
- Once cooked, drain the water from the Tagliatelle and add the pasta to the wok.
- Stir in the pasta until all of it is covered by the creamy sauce.
- Leave to simmer for a further two minutes
Extra tip: grate some Parmesan cheese over the pasta after serving and sprinkle some dried mixed herbs for aesthetics